I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6.22.10

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

My Thoughts
Being cheerful or being broken that is a choice.... don't quit reading... I have been broken and it doesn't feel like a choice, I know!... but this verse says to be that it is a choice!... when we are down it is hard to look up but we can!... we can take one step this minute to choose something to be thankful for... when we look at what we have, what God has given us it gives us a cheerful heart... and that cheerful heart shines a light so bright in our heart that it can heal all the broken-ness!!... It truly can... you have to decide to be cheerful... you have to say God wants me to choose to be happy... God I choose to be happy (the devil loves it when we choose to be broken!). When I get so far down that it is hard to look up I make myself make a list of 100 things I am thankful for... 100... when you take the time to think of 100 things that you are thankful for it will lift your spirits... it truly will and that choice to be thankful is the medicine that starts healing that broken place in your spirit... I pray that you don't feel broken today!!... I pray that if you do  you will start making that list... as a prayer of thanksgiving to God for all that you are thankful for... I pray when you finish your list that you will truly feel your heart healing... then I pray that you take one more step and find something to keep yourself busy so that you don't let the devil pull you back into despair!!... I pray that you list of the good things in your life will bring you strength and bring you close enough to God so that you feel his healing spirit upon your spirit.... I pray that you can muster up the strength to choose a cheerful heart!

No comments: