I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6.15.10

Psalms 133:1-2  How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony. For harmony is as precious as the anointing oil that was poured over Aaron's head, that ran down his beard and into the border of his robe.

My Thoughts
Harmony is a pleasing combination of elements in a whole..this was the definition that I liked for this verse..it just made sense to me... if we embrace each other's differences and know that those differences work together to serve the Lord we can accomplish so much more.  God made us all different for a reason and if we understand that oh the wonderful things we can do! All the keys on a piano make a different sound but together make beautiful music.  God is pleased with us if we embrace each other's differences.. our differences are precious because God made each and every one of us... We need to love our neighbors as ourselves not for who we want them to be but for who they are. Love and acceptance are precious to God... we should strive for harmony so that it comes together for the good of the Lord.

1 comment:

Shelley Evetts said...

Ok sure, slap me with this verse. ha ha. I had to meditate on this for a few minutes. I agree we need harmony.. but how to go about getting it is quite another story. At first I thought this was an ouch from God for me today. But after thinking and praying on it.. God showed me that there are different ways to obtain harmony. I won't go into details.. but this was an awesome word for me today. Praise God! I so love your analogy of the piano keys.. that is just perfect. How boring would this world be if we all played the same note. hmmm.. something to think about. God Bless