I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 18, 2010

6.18.10

Proverbs 17:14 Starting a quarrel is like opening a floodgate, so stop before a dispute breaks out.

My Thoughts
There are so many ways to start a quarrel... spreading gossip can start a quarrel... telling someone what somebody has said about them.... reacting in anger to an innocent comment somebody makes because you have had a bad day can start a quarrel... just being hateful can start a quarrel... being impatient can start an argument...and the list goes on and on. The Bible tell us not to do these things... we are suppose to be patient and kind.  We are not  suppose to be jealous or boastful or proud or rude. We are  not suppose to demand our own way. We are not suppose to be irritable, or  keep record of being wronged. We are not suppose to rejoice about injustice but we are suppose to rejoices whenever the truth wins out. We should never gives up, never loses faith,  always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance (1 Cor. 13:4-7).  Right here in Proverbs is tell us not to start an argument...and in 1 Corinthians it pretty much tells us how to act so that we won't do that! The devil loves to get inside you head with thought that incite an argument... we just have to tell ourselves that we won't believe that lie! (Beth Moore) And if we don't act on what the lie the devil tells us we won't start that argument! A good example of this could be... Your spouse is busy and you say something to them and they don't respond.  The devil will tell you they are ignoring you, they don't even care about what you have to say.  But the truth is they are just in their own world and didn't really hear you. If you walk over and touch them on the shoulder and say it again they will respond. Be mindful of the devils lies and act on what the Bible tells us... don't start that argument...don't set  up a situation for someone to be mad at someone else....if you have to talk about something someone did to you at work find someone that doesn't know that person so you won't set up a situation at work that could start an argument.  Be aware of what God wants and react with that in mind.  I promise your day will be blessed when you choose to do the right thing.

No comments: