I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mark 15:5, 29, 31, 32, 34 and 37 It was nine o'clock in the morning when they crucified Jesus. The people passing by shouted abuse. The leading priests and teachers of religious law also mocked Jesus. Even the men who were crucified with Jesus ridiculed him. Then at three o'clock Jesus called out with a loud voice, "My God, My God why have you abandoned me?" Then Jesus uttered another loud cry and breathed his last breath.
 
My Thoughts
As loving parents most all of us would choose death in the place of our child.  Dieing ourselves would be less painful than seeing them die.  We could not stand to see them suffer!!  And if we had to watch people shout abuse at them, mock them and if we had to watch criminals make fun of our perfect child...while they suffered for 6 hours as they died... we would for sure take their place if at all possible. 
 
God's love is so perfect...so powerful... so strong... yet He loves us, you and me, so much that he fought back the urge to save His Son, Jesus... perfect Jesus who was only on that cross to die for our sins. He didn't save Jesus because He loves us!!  Can you imagine a love so strong for someone that did things you didn't approve of, things you hate, a love so strong that you would put your child in their place to suffer? 
 
God loves us that much!!! Jesus loves us enough that He did God's will even though at one point he asked "If it is possible will you take this suffering from me?" ... yet Jesus died for us anyway!!  A man on a cross next to Jesus, who mocked Jesus, asked Jesus' forgiveness and Jesus told him that He would see him in Heaven!!  Jesus loved that bad, awful man...Jesus loved those people that hung Him on the cross.  He was dieing for their sins that day...and ours.
 
Jesus loves you!!!  Jesus wants you to be in Heaven with Him so much that He suffered in your place. God wants you there so much that He watched His, Son suffer for you.  Please don't walk away from that kind of love!!  It is an amazing love... a love beyond measure.. a love that brings peace and joy. It is what fills that place that seems unfillable. It is a love that is life altering. Don't walk away from it!! 

No comments: