I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 18, 2013

3.18.13

Numbers 28:1-2 The lord said to Moses, "Give these instructions to the people of Israel: The offerings you present as special gifts are a pleasing aroma to me; they are my food.  See to it that they are brought at the appointed times and offered according to my instructions.
 
My Thoughts
When I read this I immediately thought of Psalms 50:14 (I didn't remember it was verse 50:14, but I did remember it was Psalms...thank goodness for Internet search!). Psalms 50:14 says to "Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God.  Numbers 28:2 says that the offerings we present to God are pleasing, that they are His food.  Would we withhold food from someone we love? No we wouldn't... so if we love God we should be feeding him all the time...with thankfulness!!  We should be totally aware of all that God has given us and we should tell Him all the time "thank you!"  Not offering up an appetizer or a snack..we should offer up to God a feast fit for the King that He is!!

No comments: