I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, March 21, 2013

3.21.13

Luke 5:1-7 One day as Jesus was preaching on the shore of the Sear of Galilee, great crowds pressed in on him to listen to the world of God.  He noticed two empty boats at the water's edge, for the fishermen ahd left them and were washing their nets.  Stepping into one of the boats, Jesus asked Simon, its owner, to push it out into the water.  So he sat in the boat and taught the crowds from there.

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon,  "Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish."

"Master," Simon replied, "we worked hard all last night and didn't catch a thing.  Bit if you say so, I will let the nets down again." And this time their nets were so full of fish that they began to tear! A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish on the verge of sinking. 
 
My Thoughts
I wonder how many times I have worked hard in my life only to have no fish in my boat?... Many!!  But as soon as I started doing what Jesus asked of me I started having fish in my boat, and the more I do what Jesus ask, the more my boat is filled. 
 
I am telling you, this is happening to Robby and me!!... we find that our money is protected these days... it goes further!!  It buys what we need and we are getting a lot more of our wants met. I know, we know that this is a God thing... we had a conversation just this Sunday about how far our money is going now that we are doing the things that Jesus ask of us. 
 
These fishermen had worked so hard and caught no fish at all... but as soon as they did what Jesus asked, and he asked so little, Jesus made sure that their boat was filled to overflowing!! 
 
I am learning that when my work produces little or no results that I need to run, not walk, run to God as ask Him, "God where am I not listening, where am I failing to do what you ask?"  As soon as I am right with God again everything falls right back into place... my effort produces more than enough because God has His hand in my life!! I am so thankful for the gifts and the mercy of God.  
 
These fishermen were not just thankful for the fish that day...they were thankful for Jesus... they left those fish and followed Jesus.  Why? Because they realized that day that Jesus is what we are to seek after with all our being.  When they left all that behind their boats were not what was full..their hearts, their souls, their lives were full and overflowing!!  I love that God overflows all of me!! 

No comments: