I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 9, 2013

3.9.13

Mark 15:38 Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give into temptation.  For the spirit is willing but the body is weak.

My Thoughts
We have to learn to recognize sin...until we recognize sin we can't watch for it.  When we learn to recognize sin...we need to keep watch at all times.. so when we are tempted we can start praying... calling God to us so that His grace will make us strong enough to resist our temptation to sin. 
 
I do this a lot...and it never ceases to amaze me that it works!! And it works every time!! Every time that I remember to do it!!  I must get more and more aware of my sins...so that I can stay watchful!!  The thing I have the hardest time keeping watch over is my thoughts... you know the ones that are going to eventually come out of your mouth!!... I need to keep watch of those like I was guarding the president!!  And when I hear those thoughts that I know that I don't want to be words... I need to start praying for that situation... and praying for God's grace to give me the right thoughts!! 

So often we make it so much harder than it is... we need to spend time finding out what God considers wrong, keep watch for those things to pop up in our lives...then we need to get busy praying.  Then God takes over and His grace is stronger than we ever thought about being!! 

No comments: