I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 8, 2013

3.8.13

Numbers 11:5,6 10 We remember the fish we use to eat for free in Egypt.  and we had all the cumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic we wanted.  But now our appetites are gone.  All we ever see is this manna." Moses heard all the families standing the the doorways of their tents whining and the Lord became extremely angry. Moses was also very aggravated.
 
My Thoughts
The Israelites might have had a bigger variety when they were back in Egypt.  But how quickly they forgot that they were slaves then too.  Slaves!  Without much time to enjoy anything.  Here they were, provided with all that they need, and they were free, yet they complained! And it made God angry!! 
 
We often do that!!  Think that what God has chosen to give us is not enough, forgetting that what God provides for us is always enough...and when we show good responsibility with what we have been given then God will give us more.  Instead we jump ahead...thinking we deserve more and make ourselves a slave to payments.  Then those payments become such a burden...and last long after the "things" we "had" to have ware out. 
 
I wonder if God looks at us like he looked at the Israelites that day, when we make ourselves a slave to credit??   I think that He might.  After all aren't we saying, "You have not provided me with enough! I want more! Even if I have to be a slave!" 
 
We should try living on what God provides...and not a bit more and see how much freer we feel!!  God cares about our needs, and He cares about the desires of our hearts.  He will supply all of our needs when we love Him and do what He ask us to do...and we will also get enough of our desires ...not so many that we don't stay grounded but enough of them.  When we show God that we can handle what Has given us and still follow Him, still Honor him...then he entrust us with more. But in a way where we can enjoy the more... freely enjoy it!! Enjoy it without the chains of slavery!!  It is our choice.. to be a slave or be free...which will you choose?

No comments: