I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, March 7, 2013

3.7.13

Mark 13:35-37 You, too must keep watch! For you don't know when the master of the household will return-- in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak.  Don't let him find you sleeping when eh arrives without warning.  I say to you what I say to everyone. Watch for him!"
 
My Thoughts
As I read these words I though of how we live in a "NOW" world!!  We can be at home and the grocery store all at the same time with cell phones and video surveillance. We don't have to remember everything because we can call and ask.  If we need to know something we just a Google and the answer is right at our fingertips!!!  We can text several friends while talking to another. Gossip can spread faster than the speed of light.  CNN had breaking news all day long every day. 
 
I think that gives us this false notion that we will hear from somebody that Jesus is back and have time to make things right, right quick.  We can not depend on getting ready tomorrow or tomorrow or tomorrow.  My mom use to say that it didn't matter when Jesus came back, any of us could die today in a car accident... that our last day was our last day no matter. 
 
We can't be asleep at the wheel...we have to be wide awake and alert, ready at all times.  We can't let life get in the way of knowing God and being ready for the return of Jesus.  We were put on this earth, not to serve our own purpose and our own agenda not for our own happiness, but to love God. the wonderful thing about loving God is that when we do that... God takes care of our happiness, God takes care of all of our needs.  Being prepared and alert will not only save us when Jesus returns, it will save and serve us here on earth as we live our lives.  We should treat  getting ready, being ready for Jesus as a the privilege it is and not a chore.   
 
When I started reading my Bible... it did seem a bit like a chore... now it is the best part of my day.  When I pick up my Bible I run my hand across it just before I open it up...my heart beats a little faster at the anticipation of what I am about to learn. As I flip pass the parked passages in my Bible I feel joy that I have learned things that make my life better.  I find things that I need to ask forgiveness for and as I do I am relieved that God showed me where I was wrong and how to be better.  And as I do it better my life gets better and better and better.  Each day I am more alert, each day I am better prepared for the return of Jesus. Each day I am glad that I didn't want another day to get ready!! 
 
If I could impart any wisdom  to my children, to my family, to my friends it would be, "Read your Bible every day!! It will change your life!" Why this?  Because it is life changing it the most amazing ways. There is nothing I want more for my children than love and peace... they will find it in the words of the pages of their Bible!! 

No comments: