I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 20, 2013

3.20.13

Luke 4:1-4 Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, where he was tempted by the devil for forty days.  Jesus ate nothing all that time and became very hungry.
 
Then the devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become a loaf of bread."
 
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say; 'People do not live by bread alone."
 
My Thoughts
Jesus was tempted for 40 days... while he was very hungry!!  We are told of three ways the devil tempted Jesus... the verse above tells of Him being tempted with food.  Then Jesus was tempted with all the kingdoms of earth and power over them, then He was tempted to show off how He could call God's angels to protect Him.  Each time Jesus used scripture!  Once Satin used scripture to tempt Jesus and Jesus used scripture to show Satin where he was wrong. 
 
Scripture is our sword against Satin.  We can win our battles with Satin if we know the Scriptures.  But we have to know the scripture!!  When we know God's word we can stand strong against temptation!!  We can put Satin under our feet with scripture!
 
I am not good at memorizing... I can't seem to learn, no matter how hard I try, the scripture by chapter and verse.  But as I read God's word each day it becomes a part of me.  I know what the Bible says.  With the Internet I know it enough to find chapter and verse.  What I am learning is that the more I know God's word the stronger I become... the more often I am able to put Satin under my feet.  The more I know God's word the free-er I become because I trust that God loves me and is taking care of my every need.  The more I know God's word the more like a baby I can become, totally dependant on God for my every need and able to go about my day enjoying life to the fullest.  The more I know God's word the more I am able to stand strong when the storms of life come along.  There is power in God's words.. true power.  I am more and more amazed every day!
 
If Jesus needed scripture to fight the temptations of Satin.. we need them all the more!
 

No comments: