I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3.5.13

Mark 12:33 And I know it is important to love him (God) with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than to offer all the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law.
 
My Thoughts
"All my understanding," these are the words that stood out to me the most when I read this verse this time.  We have to go about understanding God...and God's love!!  Jesus often ask the teacher of religious law "Have you not read the scripture where it says?" (Matthew 12:3) In Mark 12:35 Jesus refers to scripture that the teachers of religious law should have understood.  Will Jesus ask us "Did you not read in the Bible where it says?"  "Did  you not understand?"
 
Most of our homes have at least one Bible in them... Books stores have shelves devoted to the Bible.  We can get them at the library on our computers... even on our cell phones.  We have no excuses for not understanding.  Do we really want to look into the eyes of Jesus and say "I didn't read the scriptures for myself." 
 
After the man answered "I know it is important to love him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than offering all the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law." Jesus said to the man "You are not far from the Kingdom of God." 
 
 Loving God with "all my understanding" is as important as loving our neighbor.. it is more important than giving to the church.  If we stood before Jesus and said "I didn't have time?" would He say back to us, "You didn't make time... I made time to die for you."  Can we really face Jesus with a Bible in our house, with a Bible at our fingertips and say to him "I didn't have time?"
 
Wiki Answers says that the average person stands in line about an hour a day...which totals 2 to three years in a lifetime.  What if you committed to downloading a Bible on to your phone and just spent that time...time you spend anyway... reading God's word?  csun.edu.com says that the average person spends 4 hours a day watching TV... What if we took one of those hours and read our Bibles.. or just a half of one of those hours.... how about the time we spend on the Internet?  There is a way to make time to understand God.  I challenge you to find your way... I challenge you to make time for God's word in your day!! I challenge you to commit to one month of making time for God on a daily basis and see if that doesn't change your life!!  It will change your life...and when we make time for God... God honors that time!
 
 

No comments: