I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 22, 2013

3.22.13

Luke 5:17b And the Lord's healing power was strongly with Jesus.
 
My Thoughts
In John 12:50 Jesus tells us that He only says what His Father tells him to say.  Jesus was not powerful just because He was God's Son... Jesus was powerful because He let God work through Him and He gave God all the glory!  This verse says "the Lords healing power was strongly with Jesus." Look at all Jesus accomplished here on earth... it was because God was with Jesus, and Jesus allowed God to work through Him.
 
If perfect Jesus, the very Son of God, needed God to be powerful, to be able to do the things He did on this earth... imagine how much more we, sinners, need God to have any power at all to even get through a day! 
 
Mark 5:16 tells us that Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.  Jesus went to talk to God and to listen to God, often!!  We need to do the same.  Jesus stayed in close contact with God... always listening to His instruction.  If we are to be like Jesus we have to be in constant contact with God, stopping to take quiet time to pray and to listen to what God tells us to do. The only way to learn to grow and be more like Jesus is to take note of how Jesus did things.  To do that we have to pick up our Bibles and learn!  
 
God's word can not change us collecting dust on a shelf. God's word changes us when we learn it enough that it drops down into our hearts and becomes a part of us. 

No comments: