I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 29, 2013

3.29.13

Deuteronomy 11:13-15 If you carefully obey all the commands I am giving you today, and if you love the Lord your God and serve him with all your heart and soul, then he will send the rains in the proper seasons--the early and the late rains--so you can bring in your harvest of grain, new wine, and olive oil.  He will give you lush pastureland for your livestock, and you yourselves will have all you want to eat.
 
My Thoughts
When we love God, and obey his commands...when we walk in what God teaches... God takes care of us!!  God will supply our needs when we love and obey Him!!  I think of the Great Depression and how people had to depend on God in those years to get by... and when our nation turned to God, God made our nation prosper!!  Just after the Great Depression there was a great turn around, jobs were created, people were buying homes, bank accounts grew, industry changed.  This was not by accident..it was because a whole country of people had learned to depend on God for their needs.
 
We must not... we can not forget God if we want a prosperous country!! We must not, we can not forget God if we want to be prosperous as individuals... if we want our families to prosper.  God honors  us when we honor God!! 
 
We have a choice! Deuteronomy 11:26-28 says Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse!  You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today.  But you will be cursed if you reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn away from him and worship gods you have not known before. ... If we follow God, God will bless us, he will make what we do prosper.  If we choose not to honor God we move right out from under His protection...we step into a lake of curses brought on by the devil himself. We have a choice. 
 
Worship other gods?... I myself do not know of anybody that worships another God. But I am coming to understand that when I spend time doing something that would make God sad with me, I am choosing other things over God.  This week my son and I had a chance to visit New Orleans... it was a fascinating place!! There were some really grand people there that we so sweet I just had to hug them.  There were so much interesting to see.  But there were things there too that I could not imagine ever seeing ... I thought they were things of movies... not things of real life. We were there with two other young men, one was showing us all around. The young men stepped into a voodoo shop (There were many!!), they were curious, I could not go inside so I stayed outside, I knew that my presence in that store would make God sad. I felt very strongly that if I stepped inside, even just to see, that I was in essence worshiping Satin himself for a second in time.   It made me think, how many other things do I choose to do that makes God sad.  What things do I bring in my house via the TV that would make God unhappy.  How often do I do something that God would see as me stepping into Satin's church for a moment in time?  How many times in a day do I choose to walk just outside the protection of God?? 
 
I have a choice, I can choose God and my life will prosper...I will always have enough to eat. I can choose blessings!  The choice is always ours, we can always choose God.  And we can be aware that if life is getting hard, really hard it is time to take inventory of our lives and where we are choosing to walk. Are we walking in the blessings or are we walking in the curses?  
 
Sometimes life will just be hard, we do live on this earth!!  If we are in one of those moments and we have taken inventory and we are walking with God, under the protection of God, we can rest in the fact that God is in control and there will be a blessing to follow the hard time!! 
 
 

No comments: