I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 4, 2013

3.4.13

Proverbs 10:24 The fears of the wicked will be fulfilled; the hopes of the godly will be granted.
 
My Thoughts
Have you ever felt like you worried something into existence? Or have you ever felt like hoped something into existence?  Oh I have!!  Right here it tells us this was not coincidence!! When we live in fear we are believing, thinking on, pondering what the devil tells us... when we live in hope we are believing, thinking on, pondering what God tells us!!  Right here it tells us that our fears will be fulfilled and our hopes will be granted!! 
 
We can not put our hopes in God if we don't know the promises of God!!  The more of God's promises I know and understand, the more hope I have.  And the more I believe in, think on and ponder what God tells me!!   The more I do this the more I find my life improving!!  The less I live in fear.  In fact I find myself hardly fearful at all these days!!  If you knew me when I was always fearful you would be amazed at the difference in my life!! I am, everyday totally amazed at the peace and hope that I have!!  As much as I believed in the existence of God before I understood His promises, I still had tons of anxiety and panic.  When I learned to get to know God and all about His promises for my life by reading my Bible the more I had hope...the more I believed in all that God is instead of just the existence of God.
 
 God offers us salvation here on earth!!  An amazing salvation.. a peace that passes all understanding... love beyond measure... hope, a hope that is beyond your wildest dreams.  But to have that earthly salvation, that peace and love and hope... we have to understand it. How can we hope on something we don't understand?  How can we hope on something we don't quiet believe in?
 
Satin makes sure that we have disappointment to draw on... he makes sure we are fearful..and if he can get our mind on fear and disappointment...then he can move on and watch as we create disappointment and fear to the point we bring it on ourselves. 
 
We don't have to choose fear, we don't have to choose to live in fear... We can choose to live in love and hope and peace... we can choose to think on love and hope and peace and when we do... our lives change in amazing ways... love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8). Love is greater than all evil!!  Love will win out... if we choose love... and love, God's perfect love produces hope!!  
 
I challenge  you today.. if you only really know of God's existence.. if you only understand that there is a God...but you don't know God's peace and love .. find a Bible that you can read and understand...and start reading!!  Don't give up on the first day... or the first week.. or even the first month... keep reading!! Love and Peace follow!!  And it is amazing!!
 

No comments: