I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, March 17, 2013

3.7.13

Luke 2:52 Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people.  
 
My Thoughts
We are suppose to do our best to be like Jesus.  This verse was just after a story where Jesus was only twelve years old.  Just as our bodies grow..we are to grow in the wisdom of God.  When we take time to grow in God, God makes sure that we grow in favor with the people around us! 
 
For our bodies to grow we need to fill them with good food on a daily basis... for our wisdom to grow we need to feed our minds and hearts with the wisdom that we find in God's word... and the more we read and study God's word...the more we grow in wisdom!! 
 
To be like Jesus...we can't just be kind and loving..we also have to grow in wisdom!!
 
 

No comments: