I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 11, 2013

Mark 14:65 Then some of them began to spit at him, and they blindfolded him and beat him with their fist. "Prophesy to us," they jeered. And the guards slapped him as they took him away.
 
My Thoughts
I have read these words several times before...but today as I wrote them out by hand I had this awful feeling in my stomach.  The thought of the things I had done wrong causing anybody, especially Jesus being spit on because of me, being blindfolded because of me, being beat on by many people with their fist because of me, being slapped by men because of me!!  It made me sad.  And this, this is just the beginning of what Jesus endured, because of what I have done wrong. 
 
Think about it... if you were walking down the street on your phone, gossiping...and  you ran upon a group of people were beating on somebody and they said if you stop that gossiping this beating will stop.  Most all of us would drop that phone! What if our phone was set to go off anytime we did something wrong and we would see somebody getting slapped, spit on or beaten up each time we did something we shouldn't ...and we knew it was real and happening wouldn't we stop!!??
 
What if each time we don't sin, it was one less punch Jesus had to take?  My sins caused Jesus to suffer... just the thought of what happened to Jesus in these verses make me sad for my sins...and this is only the first part of a true story!! 
 
Dear Jesus I am so sorry for the suffering you endured because I can't say no, because I don't say no... because sometimes I deliberately choose sin!!  Jesus it makes me sad that anybody hurt you because of something I did.  Please forgive me... please, please forgive me!!  In Jesus name, Amen
 

No comments: