I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3.7.12

Psalms 50:14-15 "Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High.  Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory."

My Thoughts
Make thankfulness our sacrifice!! We don't have to grow and feed and nurture a perfect lamb or bull to sacrifice to God... we just have to be thankful, truly thankful! We just have to remember to say "Thank you, God" and to keep our vows we make to God. That is all we have to do...so little compared to what the Children of Israel had to do! So little! Yet we can get through a whole day... with food to eat, with a warm house, with clothes on our back, with jobs, with a car that has gas in it, with our families!... with the technology to be in touch with our families when they are far away, many of us take medicine each day that keeps us well... we hear birds singing outside our windows.... we have entertainment at the touch of a fingertip...we have vast knowledge at the ends of our fingertips...and yet we forget to say, "Thank you, God!"

God says right here, "All you have to do is remember to thank me, and to do the things that you tell me you will do..then I will help you when you are in trouble." "Thank you God!" can it get any simpler than that??

Each time we see the faces of the people we  love we should say "Thank you!"  Each time we eat we should say "Thank you!" Each time we get in our cars and arrive somewhere safe we should say "Thank you!" Each time we take a pill that keeps our bodies working we should say "Thank you!" Each time we sit down to watch a show or movie on our TVs we should say "Thank you!" Each time we find the answer to a question when we type in just a few word, right in the comfort of our own homes, we should say "Thank you!" Each time a person smiles at us, or hugs us, or cares for us, that is a gift straight from God, we should say "Thank you!" Each time we ask forgiveness we should say "Thank you!"

With all those many words that God gives us each day, we should probable use half of them up with "thank yous" That is the only sacrifice that God ask us to make... a simple "Thank you!"

I know that I, myself need to get much better at this. I need to get so much better at this that it isn't a line in my prayer journal, because I do it so often that it doesn't have to be done at prayer time. It needs to be engraved on the inside of my glasses so that I am reminded constantly to say "Thank you" to God!

How many times will you say "Thank you, God! today?

 


No comments: