I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 31, 2012

3.31.12

Deuteronomy 17:18-20 “When he sits on the throne as king, he must copy for himself this body of instruction on a scroll in the presence of the Levitical priests. He must always keep that copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the Lord his God by obeying all the terms of these instructions and decrees.  This regular reading will prevent him from becoming proud and acting as if he is above his fellow citizens. It will also prevent him from turning away from these commands in the smallest way. And it will ensure that he and his descendants will reign for many generations in Israel.

My Thoughts
God expected the kings of Israel to read, every day, what He expected of them.  So that it would be in their hearts... it would be formost in their minds when they made desisions.  It would keep them humble. These readings would keep the kings of Israel on the right path.... Reading these instructions would make them great Kings!

If reading daily, the instructions of God, would make these men great kings... wouldn't reading daily God's word and instructions for our lives make us much better people? God tells us that He has given us instructions for our lives, that we should learn it... that we should write God's word on our hearts. We are told this in Proverbs 3 and 7...and in many other places in the Bible.  God says here that it will make a difference in the kings of Isreal...and knowing what God ask of us in our lives will make a difference in how we live too! We do have an instruction book for life... the Bible.

No comments: