I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 24, 2012

3.24.12

Luke 6:35-36 Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid.  Then your reward from heaven will be very great and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.

My Thoughts
I think this is one of the hardest things, as humans for us to do.... love our enemies, do good to them!!  In Matthew 25:40 it says whatever we do to the least of these you did for me.  Isn't it just as true the other way around ...what ever we do to the least we also do to our king, God. Yet God continues to love us, to be kind and compassionate to us! If we expect God to love us, no matter... we have to love others no matter what they have done to us. Even when, especially when it is hard!

No comments: