I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3,28.12

Deuteronomy 9:1-3 “Listen, O Israel! Today you are about to cross the Jordan River to take over the land belonging to nations much greater and more powerful than you. They live in cities with walls that reach to the sky!  The people are strong and tall—descendants of the famous Anakite giants. You’ve heard the saying, ‘Who can stand up to the Anakites?’  But recognize today that the Lord your God is the one who will cross over ahead of you like a devouring fire to destroy them. He will subdue them so that you will quickly conquer them and drive them out, just as the Lord has promised.


My Thoughts
In the next verses it goes on to say... God is not doing this because they did something to deserve this... God did the for these people because they were His people...and they were going up against evil.... God was going to drive out the evil for His people!  The moment we accept Jesus into our hearts we become God's! We become God's special possession... God goes to work fighting evil for us!!  There are so many things in this world that are too big for us...but, NOTHING is too big for God!   When we us the scripture to call out to God, God hears us... and God sends down His angles to protect us from evil!  We may have battles that we are fighting...and we may feel down for the count... but we can have faith that in the end God will have His victory.

Several times the Israelites went into battle without God's blessings and they were defeated...but each time they went into battle with God's blessings God always won the battle. There will be battles to fight...they may seem too big to win...but when we remember nothing is too big for God... and when we give God control..because he loves us, He will defeat evil. God is bigger and stronger than anything we face!!






No comments: