I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3.6.12

My step-mother is in the hospital...they keep having to put her surgery off because things keep happening... please keep her in your prayers.

Numbers 6:22-27 The the Lord said to Moses, "Tell Aaron and his sons to bless the people of Israel with this special blessing: 'May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on  you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.' Whenever Aaron and his sons bless the people of Israel in my name, I myself will bless them."

My Thoughts
All the promises of the Bible become ours when we become God's.  All the things God ask of people in the Bible, He also ask of us. As I read this blessing I thought of how many people are missing out on blessings because we forget to pay attention to what God ask us to do. I was thinking of how many times lately, now that I am learning, that God has asked me to pray for people that I come in contact with... how many times he has give me the opportunity to say a prayer with people. I will learn this prayer! What better thing could you pray over anybody than God's blessings and protection... God's smile and God's favor... God's peace.

I have heard this prayer... I have read these verses... but today is the first time I thought of it as my responsibility to ask for God's blessings on people...I as so often for God to do things for people that I know and I love... but I am not sure that actually asked for these things that are so special.

This morning I thought I really need to pray this over my sweet husband who I love so much. Who God loves so much. I held his had and prayed this simple prayer over him. Of all the people in the world that I know I want God to bless Robby.  I will pray this prayer over my children soon too...when I can hold their hands.  And when God asked me to pray for someone I will pray this prayer over their lives!  There are so many people that I want God to bless. Now I have the words to ask for those blessings!!

No comments: