I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, March 18, 2012

3.18.12

Luke 3:8 Prove by the way you life that you have repented of your sins and turned to God (John the Baptist).

My Thoughts
We show God that we love Him back by living the way that he ask us to live. Jesus even left us with the Holy Spirit to live inside of us when we are saved, so that we can know the difference between right and wrong. We are to listen to the Holy Spirit as He prompts us! It is important that we confess our wrongs, by name, so that we ourselves recognize what we are doing that is not pleasing to God. When we start recognizing our sins we are able to start making the changes by the way we live our life.  We we just ask vaguely "Dear God forgive me of my sins." we often fail to notice just what we are doing wrong. When we are unaware of just what we are doing wrong we don't make necessary changes in our lives. God already knows our sins,  whether we speak them out loud or not.  It is important that we recognize those sins so that we can change! So that we can live a life that proves we love God, that we are children of God. God knows that we will be happier if we life right! He wants us to live right because He loves us so much. He wants us to repent each and every sin so that we can begin to make changes that will improve our quality of life. We need to be aware that God's rule for us... or so that we will have a life that is abundant. When we recognize sin...and change our behavior, it makes God happy...because God knows it will make our lives better! And God wants only the very best for us!

No comments: