I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3.14.12

Luke 1:45 "You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said."

My Thoughts
This was Elizabeth (mother of John the Baptist) talking to Mary when she went to visit after she found our she was going to have Jesus.  I just loved this verse.. it so stood out to me... "You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said." God blesses just for believing what he tells us!  I love this!!  God loves us so much that he wants to shower us with his blessings. 

I think God made us parents so we could better understand how He takes care of us. We love showering our children with things.... we would give them the world if it was ours to give... the only time we don't give our children things, aside from being able to afford those things, is when we know what they want is not good for them. When we know it will get them hurt... or make them act in a way the shouldn't act. God is like that with His blessings for us... he loves us so much .... and God has so much more to give us than we could even imagine.  God gives us blessings as we grow.... as we get mature enough as Christians, as Children of God, to handle what He has in store for us. Our first step is simply to believe.... then we need to learn and grow in God. We need to trust that God knows best and be thankful for all we have...and for all that God has in store for us!

We are blessed because we believe.... wow!

No comments: