I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3.20.12

Psalms 63:6 I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night.

My Thoughts
I wonder how many times when we can't sleep, that God is just trying to get our attention. I know so often when I wake up and can't go back to sleep... as soon as I turn my thoughts to God and start saying my prayers I fall fast asleep! What if that inability to sleep is just God's way of telling me to repent of my sins, because God wants me right with Him?  This makes me think that every time I wake up in the middle of the night that the first thing I need to do is start talking to God... it should never be the last thing I think of!! How many more hours of restful sleep will I be able to have? God wants us at peace, it is one of His gifts to us. God is where our peace comes from. So when I am awaken by anything... the first words I should think or say is "God is that you? I am listening!"

No comments: