I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 30, 2012

3.30.12

Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

My Thoughts
I love this!!  We we seek God...when we read our Bible and learn about what people did in the past.... then we make the choices that give our souls rest!!  We so often make choices that make us worry later...that keep us from sleeping... But when we ask God what we should do...when we take time and wait for his answer...the follow His direction... our choice will be a choice that is easy to live with...it will not make us worry and toss and turn and loose sleep. God only chooses what is right for us!  So off then we make our choices then ask God to help us with the consequences. Here it tells us to stand and look and ask what the good way is..then to walk in the good way!! Wouldn't we save ourselves so much trouble if we would just ask God first!!


No comments: