I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 12, 2012

3.12.12

Numbers 16:11 The Lord is the one you are your followers are really revolting against! For who is Aaron that you are complaining about him?"

My Thoughts
The leaders of the Church were compiling about Arron..they were leading rebellion against him.  They were demanding the priesthood. Look what Moses says in verse 11... "The Lord is the one you are revolting against!" God has put our pastors in place in our churches. This verse says to me that when we grumble and complain about our pastors we are grumbling and complaining about God. What I have learned is that God is in control and if we leave things to God, God will take care of any problem we have... but we have to give those problems to God.  God will also take care of putting somebody in the church that will lead his people in the right direction .. if they are truly seeking God. When we rise up against the people that God has put in charge of leading us in the right direction...leading us in doing what God ask us to do....then we are rebelling against God himself.  We need to be very careful to support our pastors, the leaders of our church... listen to what he is telling us and teaching us... we need to show our respect. We need to remember that the respect that we show our pastor is also respecting God. When we do what God ask... God takes care of everything else!

So often when there needs to be changes in a church people are quick to blame the pastor of that church... when actually the changes that need to be made are actually in the hearts of the people.  We have pastors to lead us.... they are not wholly responsibility for what we know and learn... we need, ourselves,  take the responsibility for our own lives and spend time every day in God's word...and on our knees. Too often the people of the church think that their whole responsibility is to show up on Sunday morning.  The church is a family...we are to work together as a family... learning and growing... being supportive of each other... doing our part to make the church successful.  A family would fall apart of everybody was depending on one person to do it all... so will a church. So next time we see a change that needs to be made in Church... or something that needs to be done..lets not complain... lets ask ourselves "How can I be a part of that change?" or "What is my part in accomplishing what needs to be done?" When we all work together, as a family, all doing our part, our Churches will begin to grown in leaps and bounds!! And if we all did something a little more than "show up" there wouldn't be too much for anybody to take care of!

No comments: