I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 3, 2012

3.3.12

Proverbs 10:23 Doing wrong is fun for a fool, but living wisely brings pleasure to the sensible.

My Thoughts
This can apply to so many things...but money is what gives me the best example of this.  If when we get paid we ignore our obligations that we have set up for ourselves.  You know those pieces of paper that we sign that say "I promise to pay this back in full with interest." or "I promise to pay my water, power, gas bill." Anyway we  ignore them completely...forgetting that a portion of this paycheck is vital to paying all the bills this month. We go and play, play, play spending money like a crazy person... it feels fun at the moment...then when the bills roll in we are left with such worry...by being a fool we end up with days and days of worry...sometimes months of worry all for one day of "fun."

If we live wisely, money wise, we set up a budget so that we can take an honest look at our money... we put back what is needed to pay our tithes,  all our commitments, we put back for those unexpected bills and if there is some left over we have a little fun.  Sometimes we have put ourselves in such a spot that we have to save a few weeks for fun, but that is OK. When we have lived sensible we get to enjoy the whole month...we have peace because we have done what we were suppose to do...then when our fun envelope builds up we get to go and have a blast, worry free!!

We have a choice here... living with pleasure all the time...and some fun, fun moments that don't worry us to death later.... of having some immediate fun and living in worry and strife.

Before we act on something "fun" we should always ask ourselves "Is this the wise thing to do?" (Andy Stanley) If the answer is no then we need to rethink our plans.  When we learn to say no to ourselves our lives get so much better... we have the opportunity to feel pleasure.

I need to ask myself... "Is it wise to knit now or should I do some housework first?" I would so enjoy my knitting if I got something out of the way first!  What do you need to ask yourself??

No comments: