I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11.9.11

Hebrews 9:13-14 Under the old system, the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a young cow could cleanse people’s bodies from ceremonial impurity.  Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins.

My Thoughts
Jesus' blood makes us clean inside and out... all good again... completely forgiven... so forgiven that we are not to walk around with a guilty conscience!!..It says here "Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God." We go to God ask forgiveness and the blood that Jesus shed cleans our sins away!!  God forgets them!!  We should too!... Right here in Hebrews it tells us that Jesus will purify even our conscience... that means that we don't have to walk around feeling guilty once we have ask for forgiveness... when we get this, truly get this...we are more able to go to God in worship...we are better able to praise God, to give God all the glory he deserves.  Jesus made it so we can stand blameless before God. How exciting is that. 

I have shared this story before.. One day after my mom died, I was folding clothes... crying wishing I had done more... feeling guilty, so guilty.  I crying and talking to God... God said to me deep in my soul....I knew it was God, he told me "Jeannie, if you waste time worrying about the person you didn't know how to be, you can't become the person you are meant to be."  God was telling me... don't walk around feeling guilty... just do better.... don't let what you didn't know how to do make you so stressed and upset that you can't go about doing what I ask you to do now.  God pretty much told me not to feel guilty... but to keep growing... I didn't have to feel guilty because the blood of Jesus purified even my conscience. 

See God know!... he knows our thoughts... he knows how we hurt...he know that we grow and get better and being good children of God... God gives us a way to be right with him again.... and if we are right with God, the perfect, sinless, all knowing, full of goodness God, we can be right with ourselves!  We can just say out loud to the devil, "I am right with God through the blood of Jesus... I cast you out of my conscience, Jesus even made that pure!!"  Then we can move forward and work at being all that God wants us to be!!  We are so blessed to belong to a God that loves us so much!!


No comments: