I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, November 17, 2011

11.17.11

James 1:16-17 So don't be mislead, my dear brothers and sisters. What ever is good and perfect comes down to us form God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.  He never changes or cast shifting shadows.

My Thoughts
I loved this verse ...  I got such a clear picture in my head... I have this portable photo studio for taking pictures of the things I make.. you put lights on each side and at the top... and if you do it right you get a perfect picture of color... no shadows make anything look skewed. You see the item just as it is.  When I try to take a picture without that box and those lights the color is never what it actually is and the shape of something can actually look different than what it actually is.  You can even take the light and put it in different angles and create a whole different effect tricking the mind.

God always sheds his bright and perfect light on what he gives us...there is nothing left out... you can see what you are getting... there is no tricks in the lighting... when God wants to give us something we know exactly what we are getting.

The devil puts things in the shadows... he uses trick lighting to make things look so much better than they are...he highlights the parts that look good and he hides the parts that are bad.... he makes it where you can  not see the consequences of your choices or your actions. He hide the bad parts in the shadows.

God has perfect lighting... perfect love.  He tells us all the time if you do this, this will happen.  If you do that, this will happen.  God leaves nothing out.  There are no shadows, there is no deceptive lighting. God tells us.. when you do good.. I will give you good in return. If you turn from me I can't protect you. God tells us how it it is will everything, every part brought to light. God is light.

God love us and He will never hide the truth from us, ever.  Our part... and we always have a part .. is to get to know God... to read his word and lean his promises. If we do that the devil can't trick us with his shadows we will know the difference.

No comments: