I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 5, 2011

11.5.11

Psalms 105:37 The Lord brought his people out of Egypt, loaded with silver and gold; and not one among the tribe of Israel even stumbled.

My Thoughts
I just loved this verse when I read it.... It said so much to me. God sent His people out loaded with treasure!!... all they would need... God was taking care of them from the get go!!  So much treasure that it may have even felt like a burden... but, God was with them and one even one of them stumbled. 

I believe that the gold and silver could have been seen two ways .... It could have been seen like too much to handle... or it could have felt like a gift!!.. The Israelites had been in captivity for years at this point.... I believe that they didn't stumble because they were thankful to God at that point....they had their hearts and minds in the right place.... they had their eyes oh God.... their hearts on being thankful. They were aware of where their treasures came from.

I wonder how many times we get our mind off of God and forget where our gifts come from.... and we begin to feel loaded down.... we stumble from all that God has given us... because we forget to be thankful...we don't stop and take time to notice that what we have is a blessing.  When we stay thankful...when we keep our eyes on God, when we seek after God... God will make sure that we don't stumble under the weight of our blessings....that we are strong enough to handle all that we have been given.  We can see our jobs as a blessing, fully aware that our job is a blessing from God...and we will be strong enough, capable enough to handle it...or we can take our eyes off of God, off of the place our blessing came from and forget that our jobs are gifts and they become so heavy...they can seem too hard to carry...we take our eyes off God and we stumble under the weight of the blessings God has so graciously given us.

The Bible tells us that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)  When we keep our eyes on God and our heart thankful... we see our gifts as what they are gifts.... living in the joy of those gifts makes the load something that we are excited to carry... Keeping our hearts thankful gives us not only our strength but the strength of God who is able to carry anything without stumbling.

When we hold our head up... toward God...it changes our center of gravity and makes us strong!!  

No comments: