I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 25, 2011

11.25.11

Proverbs 28:14 Blessed are those who fear to do wrong, but the stubborn are headed for serious trouble.

My Thoughts
I love this!!...Love, love, love it!!   "Blessed are those who FEAR to do wrong"... it does not say blessed are those who are perfect, who never ever mess up!  It says "Blessed are those who FEAR to do wrong." To me that says God blesses you if you are trying, he knows it is hard...and that old habits die hard...but if you are trying...and you so want to do what is right...and you don't want to do what is wrong, God sees that and he will bless you!! It just makes my heart happy.... It also says on but woe to you if you have that "I know this is wrong but, I am doing it anyway!!" attitude..... been there...I have quit doing that!!! 

The more I know God and try... the better my life gets!  This verse tells me why it is getting better, and better and better. Does the devil tempt me to do wrong...yes!!...Do I sometimes entertain those temptations? Yes I do... but then I remember what God has told me...the more I learn what God says the more ammunition I have to fight off those temptations to do wrong, to act wrong... to react wrong. When the devil tempts me to do bad and I stop and say no this is not what God would want... God smiles down on me!... He blesses my day... God is proud... God notices that I am trying. I may even do the wrong thing trying to do right...but God knows when I was doing my best to make the right decision!!

I love that God loves us so much that he blesses us when we try!!  It is so important to learn what our blessings are... how all that is good comes from God... the more we are aware of our blessings the more we are aware of God's love... the more we are aware of just how much God loves us the more we want to do good... then the more we want to do good the more blessings we get... when we get totally aware of God and all his goodness life just gets better and better and better!!

The next time the devil tempt you to do bad, and he will, remember that God knows when you are trying... never give up. Don't ever believe the devils lies, that trying doesn't work... God always knows when we try! 

No comments: