I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 7, 2011

11.7.11

Ezekiel 16:49 Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door. 

My Thoughts
Wow!...Oh, Wow!!  You like to imagine that Sodom's sins were sins people don't talk about... especially in public... but pride, gluttony, and laziness!!!...All you have to do to know that America has crossed that line is watch TV .... Our commercials are are full of spend the money you make... spoil yourself you deserve it... It's yours...it all belongs to you and you should spend it on the bigger, the better... you should make sure that you have more than the Jones'.... Wikipedia states that, obesity rates in the United States are the highest in the world with 74.6% of Americans being overweight or obese......Then there is all that time we spend watching TV.... just watching TV.... 

We need to take action.... me! I know I do... We need to spend more time with God... We need to make sure the Jones' have all they need... instead of making sure we have more, bigger, better... When we give, God multiplies. 

I wonder how long Sodom was on that slippery slope.... Our great country was founded because people wanted a place to worship God, to love God..... people helped one another plow fields, build houses....God rewarded their hard work, their goodness and their kindness...in a few short years in the big scheme of things America became the greatest nation....then the pride set in..we forgot who made us great... we forgot our neighbors.... gee today most of us don't know our neighbors.

We can say "Well what can I one person do?" One person can make a difference in one life at least.... so a 1000 people can make a difference in a 1000 lives....10,000 people can make a difference in 10,000 lives... What if each of us chose to make a difference in 2 lives..... and there were 10,000 of us... that would be 20,000 lives that could be touched..if that 20,000 did the same that would be 40,000 that 40,000 could turn to 80,000.... one person that chooses to make a difference can!  Look at sweet little Mother Teresa...she touched the world one life at a time!!!  We can change America, keep it from becoming another Sodom.... but each of us has to make a commitment to do something each day that blesses somebody enough to spread hope... Hope comes straight from God through us!!  Will you spread some hope today?

No comments: