I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, November 24, 2011

11.24.11

1 Peter 2:22-23 He (Jesus) never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.

My Thoughts
I think when we read these verses we like to think of big things...I know I do... we think of people who what to fight back with fist...or TV's versions of revenge when  somebody gets somebody back by ruining their business... or making sure they loose their job... those huge things that most "normal" people never do.  It says here that Jesus never retaliated, or even threaten revenge. Never, ever even in the small things. I think we all at least threaten revenge in some form or fashion... oh don't say "I don't" until you think about those little thoughts we all  have... I had to stop and think of the little thoughts... you know the ones... we try to speak to somebody in the store and feel ignored... and we think "Well I just won't speak to them next time." We try to be nice to the checkout person... they talk to each other and don't even notice us... our thought is "Well, see if I am nice again." We fix a plate for our spouse and take it to them and they don't even seems to notice so next time we just leave it out the counter.  We do something for a co-worker and when we need help they don't seem to notice, we think "See if I help him out ever again." God expects us to always show love, always be helpful, to turn the other cheek no matter what anybody does to us... no matter what anybody says to us, no matter how much we are not noticed... we are still called to do the "right" thing. Jesus didn't even threaten revenge must less act on it.

This verse goes on to say Jesus left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.  The truth is we often don't know why somebody doesn't speak to us.. or why a co-worker didn't help us... or why our spouse didn't notice that we went to trouble on their behalf... we are not there in their head... we have not been a part of their day... When we leave our "injustices" to God, God can judge fairly because he knows all... God knows if we have really been slighted or if the other person just has so much going on that they couldn't even muster the energy to speak. God knows... and if we we have truly treated unfairly  God will give us double for our trouble, if we are good and kind, if we choose to do the right thing.. if we will leave it up to God. 

I wonder how much we miss out on... how many times we could have received double for our trouble if we had left every insult, every injustice we have ever felt in the hands of God. Instead we take these things on ourselves... and we in return we are one of the people handing out insults and injustices ourselves.

We are called to be like Jesus... to do good even if nobody around us is being good... we are called to be kind... we are called to love...when we do what God ask... he always takes care of the rest, God even gives us double for our trouble if we leave it in his hands.

No comments: