I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, November 3, 2011

11.3.11

Psalms 105:1 Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.

My Thoughts
I was thinking about this verse... I use to see it more as letting people know what the Bible says... now I see it more as letting people know how wonderful God has been to me.  When we let others know how thankful we are to God for all that we have.  The little things, the big things.  The people in our lives, our jobs, it helps others see what God has done in their lives.  To just let others know how thankful we are that God put them in our lives is a way of letting them know how much we love and appreciate them... and it lets God know that we are aware of how much that person is a gift from him. Can you imagine how special you would feel if somebody told you,  you were to them "A Gift From God!" People need to feel special...I can't imagine feeling any more special than that!!

God has blessed my life so much with the people that love me... they are wonderful! My most special gifts!!  My husband, my children, my son-in-law, my son's girlfriend.... my daddy .... my brother... my sister-in-law, my niece and nephew these are the people left in my life  that give me stability and strength and always love me.... my cousins, the built in friends of a childhood.... my aunts and uncles that taught me different things than my parents.  My mom and my grandparents who are in heaven looking down... All gifts from God..... Then there are friends...those little gems of sparkle and shine that brighten my day. My church family, where so many of my dear friends come from... they are there always... there are so many of them that I could just pick up the phone and they would be here for me...they are here for me lifting me up in prayers... teaching me more and more about our wonderful God... then there are my friends around the world that I have meet through card making and my love of all things yarn... they teach me and inspire me...they build me up and cheer me on...they make my days brighter all the time.... their encouragement is a wonderful gift.... God has given me so much just in the people in my life today!!  The people he put in my path along the way.  These people are all gifts from my God to me!!  God has done so, so much for me....I will try to do my best to proclaim his greatness!!!  Let the world know what God has done in my life. I am so blessed that my eyes have been opened to so much of God's goodness. The more I know God and the more I know of his great love for me...the more thankful I become. Thank you God so much for the people you have placed in my life...the most wonderful gifts of all!!

No comments: