I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11.29.11

Psalms 119:133 Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.

My Thoughts
At first I think of this verse and think about how I need to know God word so that I know how to do good... to be good... so that I can be strong enough to make the right choices, even when the world tells me to do something different.  And God's word so does that for me... it helps me in this way every day!  I get amazed daily at how much it has helped me.

The more I read and learn God's word the more I see this verse in another way... when evil is all around me... when the devil is trying to trip me up by putting things in my way and making my day hard.... when I have God's word hidden in my heart not only does it help me make right choices... it also helps me have joy! and peace! in the mist of turmoil. That, my friend, is the most amazing feeling of all!!  It makes me think of the story when Jesus and the disciples were in the boat...and the sea was raging... the boat was being toss all about.. a little boat... a big, big sea..... Jesus was asleep in the boat, ASLEEP in the middle of the storm... why? Jesus knew that God was in control...and that God was going to take care of him!!  Now, in situations where I use to fall completely apart...and I could so fall completely apart.... I am held together by God's word... in the mist of bad situation I now find myself with a faint smile on my face because, in my heart I know that God is going to take care of my day....I know that God gives me the gift of a new day tomorrow... I know that I don't need control, God is in control...and I begin to pray. I give my situation, my day to God...when I don't know what to say, or what to ask...I praise God, I just praise him...and that little smile on my face just gets bigger. 

God's word is a bit like a security blanket... you have this yarn, which is the Bible...and you have yourself which is a loom, or knitting needles or a crochet hook... each are a bit useless apart... but when they are put together they create  beautiful and strong security blanket!!  As you read God's word a stitch forms...and another and another... the more you read the bigger the blanket grows...the warmer it gets...the more it swallows you up.... when the blanket is little...still tiny it can come unraveled quickly...but if you keep adding stitches and stitches and stitches your security blanket gets bigger and bigger and stronger and stronger so even on a bad day...when you become a bit unraveled...there is still lots of blanket there to keep you warm and safe... as you call on God's word that has been placed in your heart you can knit your blanket back together right where you are... the string you have already woven into your blanket is always there with you... the more time you spend in God's word the more stitches and string that are in your blanket..the safer and warmer you are... the best part is as your blanket gets larger, and larger it can be shared, wrapped around others. We have to make the effort to stitch the blanket together!! When we do God's keeps us safe and warm!

No comments: