I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, November 2, 2011

11.2.11

Hebrews 4:15-16 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.  So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.  There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

My Thoughts
I love this... Jesus understands us... he faced all that we face!  Jesus called constantly on the power and grace of God.  We can too..we can go boldly, BODLY to God and tell him all that we are having trouble with.  We don't have to hide!!!  We can run to God and ask for help. We can say to God, "God, I am having so much trouble forgiving this person, please help me."  "God I am afraid all the time... I can't leave my house, please help me." "God the devil keeps tempting me with this, Please help me!" We can boldly admit our weaknesses and God will give us his grace to accomplish what we could never do on our own.

Jesus talked to God all the time... was in constant contact with God... God's grace is what kept Jesus from sinning.  Jesus said in John 5:19 that he only said what God taught him.  Jesus drew from God's grace all the time while he was here on earth in a human body... being tempted by his flesh, by the devil.  And God always, always supplied the grace that was needed.

King David went to God with everything... when he was angry with people he told God... when he was afraid of his enemy he told God... when he was sad he told God... he talked it all out with God and in the end would come around to doing what was right. 

We need to boldly go to God with all of our day..with our waking up and going to bed...and all of our steps in between.  When the phone rings we need to ask God to help us with our words... when we get in the car we need to ask God to help us with our driving..... when we shop we need to ask God to help us with our purchases... When we are ask a questions we need to stop and ask God to help us with our answer.... We we are angry we need to tell God and ask him to help us.  We need to be in constant contact with God.  When we are not use to that it can be hard... stopping to ask God, to consult God in all that we do and say...but it is so important to get into that habit of always, for everything going to God.... We need to ask God to help us with our words before we post on Facebook.... When we learn to always go to God we will never feel alone, ever!!  We will learn that we are not ever alone God is always there by our side waiting on us to know that we need him... giving us the choice to ask for his help. When we do he will show us mercy and give us his grace!!

No comments: