I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11.15.11

Hebrews 12:15 Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.

My Thoughts
Oh wow... our bitterness can corrupt many!... When we are bitter we just don't act nice... we are unkind... often snapping at the people around us.  Even if our bitterness is kept deep within and we think it is not effecting the people around us, it is.  It keeps us from spreading love... it keeps us from being kind... if we keep bitterness inside of us we still go about treating people differently.  Our bitterness can cause somebody else to be bitter against us..then somebody to be bitter against the person we made bitter...on the ripple effect of a day of bitterness could travel around the world long after we are over it!!... That is an enormous thing if you think about it.... just one day of bitterness could travel the world for years effecting thousands of people. ... I get treated badly at a store... so I snap at my husband... who is not so nice to somebody he comes in contact at work...they go home and snap at their family... who get up the next morning and are sour with somebody they come in contact with... his wife Mary calls her sister in West Virginia and gets off on a conversation of complaining about past things in their family...just because she is in a bad mood...one that started with me somehow (I don't even know Mary)...and the next thing you know Mary's sister is all fired up....and my bitterness in Alabama is spread all the way to West Virginia... she effects 10 people there.. who each effect 10 people in their lives... and before you know it somebody across the ocean is even effected ...and it all started with me being bitter just for a day!! 

Just think how our love can change the world in the same way... somebody is having a bad day at work...we go through their line...we take time to smile... ask them about their day... we take a minute to care.  They are smiling by the time we leave..they go home and are sweet to their family. They are sweet because somebody took time to care about them... their family wakes up the next day in a good mood..and they are sweet to the people around them... then Mary calls her sister in West Virgina again...in a good mood..they talk and reminisce about all the good things in their childhood......they hang up the phone after feeling all warm and fuzzy and loved... and the love in Alabama is spread all the way to West Virginia and before you know it across the ocean somewhere. 

There are always things in our days that can grab us and take hold...that make us feel a bit bitter... overtake us... our best actions is praise... praising God that he is bigger than all that happens to us.  When we praise God it draws Him near to us... God is love...all that love of God being so near to us will wash away all bitterness!!... It works every time I do it... sometimes I just forget.  When we get busy praising God we are not wollering in the anger or pain somebody else has cause us...and we get wrapped in God's love... love is always healing!!  God's love is the greatest healer!! 

One way to look after others is to make sure that we don't let bitterness into our hearts and lives.  We can work hard to be the person that spreads love. Simply being kind...showing love to others can have an effect that can travels the world... we never know where the effects of our kindness gets to... but God does!  We can make a difference one kind word... one pat on the back... one smile at a time.

No comments: