I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

Hebrews 10:24  Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good work.

My Thoughts
This verse is so important... and sometimes it takes work... lots of work and thinking of how to put our words... it takes talking to God about what to say before we speak.  So often we want to affirm some-body's feeling when they are upset so when they say something like "I think I just won't ever speak to them again." we will say "I don't blame you." or we often don't say a word because we don't want to be a part of a bad decision they are making.... But, we are called to motivate one another to acts of love and good work.  We need to encourage forgiveness... and kindness.  When ask we should not stay silent.... we should encourage people to do acts of love.... encourage people to do good work.  We should ask questions to make people think about their actions.  So often we don't want to step on peoples toes so we agree... just agree to what they say.  But instead of agreeing with someone when we can clearly see they are about to make a bad decision...we need to motivate them to acts of love and good work. To do that we need to stop ourselves, talk to God, think about our words..then speak... words of love and and encouragement.  In the long run, even if we step on a toe or two we will be loved and respected for helping somebody make a right choice. We too, will feel good about what we said.

No comments: