I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, October 9, 2010

10.9.10

1 Thessalonians 2:4 For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News.  Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives of our hearts.

My Thoughts
People are always thinking they know the intentions of another person and judging them for what they think that person's intentions are.... and so, so often they are wrong... God always know the intentions of our hearts, no matter what they are.  If we are always trying to do what God ask of us, trying to please God in all that we say and do, God will know... God won't be guessing and God will not get it wrong. This is really exciting if we think about it... how many times have we tried to please a person, just to have them mad at us because they took what we were doing all wrong?  It happens all the time.. if we spend our time trying to please God, we will be being kind to others and doing what is right and if somebody takes it wrong we can know that God knows our heart.  Even if all is not right with the person we were being nice to all will be right with God.... you know if we go about pleasing God it really can make our life easier by reducing the decisions we make.... if you first question is "What would God want me to do in this situation?"  So often this would narrow down our decision to just one option... or maybe two.... we can never go wrong pleasing God.

No comments: