I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 29, 2010

10.29.10

Proverbs 26:20 A fire goes our without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops.

My Thoughts
Oh this made me think of the work place... or the ball field .... any place where people are spending lots of time together... our conversation seems to go in the direction of talking about what people are doing wrong... and then that information spreads and the story gets bigger!... and somebody gets mad and/or hurt... it is terrible, always!  Just think if we made an effort for one week that the only thing that is going to come out of our mouth is conversation about ideas, and plans to improve on what we do... what if when we opened our mouth about another person it was to praise them to spread information about something good they had done or something sweet they had done... what a wonderful atmosfear that would create... what if people went about finding the good in people... if we made an effort to do that it would not only change the people around us it would change how we feel about ourselves... we would not worry about what we said.. we wouldn't have to hope that so-in-so didn't tell so-in-so what I said ... and if people were seeking out the good in people we would try to do even better so that people would have something wonderful to say about us... sound like the dream job!...  or the dream ball field!!... it is not impossible it can start with me or with you!!... you can at least be the person that goes home from work without worry about what you have said about another person... you and I can honor God by letting only good things, dreams and ideas be what comes from our mouth.... we can be the place gossip stops if it lands on our ears and the place where prayer starts if we hear something bad about somebody else... we need to be the change that we want to see happen in the world.

No comments: