I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 13, 2010

10.13.10

Jeremiah 22:3 This is what the Lord says: Be fair minded and just.  Do what is right! Help those who have been robbed; rescue them from their oppressors. Quit your evil deeds! Do not mistreat foreigners, orphans, and widows.  Stop murdering the innocent.

My Thoughts
Be fair minded and just we need to do this even in the little things... sometimes we think we are fair minded and then we become selfish when no one is watching... something small like giving ourselves the best piece of meat when we fix every body's plate and we hope no one is watching... God sees that.... Help those who have been robbed... how often do we know something has happened to somebody and we stop and say oh how sad then we move on with our day.... we need to move into action.... not just stop and think thought like "well they have insurance"... they have been robbed of so much more and when we reach out with help we are not only helping give back what that person has lost, we are also giving back to them a renewed trust in the human race.... a little bit of their piece of mind.. which is a bigger part of what was taken from them... Quit your evil deeds... this simply means stop doing what you know in your heart is wrong... stop making excuses to make bad choices.... Do not mistreat foreigners, orphans, and widows... God put the foreigners in the category with widows and orphans... be aware of this!!... so many times I hear "those Mexicans" well "those Mexicans" are people that God made and they risk so much to come to a free land and God is not happy when they are paid less, made fun of, mistreated...they are foreigners and God put them in with orphans and widows and we know that God expects us to be good to orphans and widows... God knows what is in our hearts... we need to make sure our hearts are presentable to God.

No comments: