I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10.26.10

Titus 1:15-16a Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. but nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. Such people claim they know God but deny him by the way they live.

My Thoughts
Have you ever noticed that when you are not doing the things you are suppose to do that you see the bad in others... I have done this when my life was all out of sorts... it made me feel better to know that some-body's life was worse than mine... if my house is not clean it makes me feel better if somebody else's house is not clean... and so on.  On the other hand when I am doing all that I can to do what is good and what is right I can only see the good in people... when I am being sweet, and good and kind, I think everybody is sweet and good and kind... when we start seeing the bad in others we need to recognize that as a red flag about our own lives and stop and examine what we are doing wrong in our lives.  I never realized when I do bad that I am denying God... I could know it was not good but I never thought of my actions as denying God... I have thought "How could Peter, Peter who walked with Jesus, deny him?" But I myself have done that in my actions...and God walks right beside me all the time... the Bible tells me so.... I have lived in a way where people would question if I knew God.... now that I have read this verse I will be keenly aware that I can deny God with my actions and my words... My actions, the things I do and say need to say "I am proud to be a child of the Most High God"... what do your actions say?

No comments: