I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 11, 2010

10.11.10

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before.  Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others.

My Thoughts
I love this... have you ever noticed when your hands are busy you can't worry.... when you are thinking about what your hands are doing... you can't worry about what other people are doing or about what you think you should worry about.... I think this is why God gives us things to be good at.... after we are finished earning a living for the day... we can be busy in a way that relaxes our minds and our hearts in a way that keeps us from worry and stress... we can keep busy being productive instead of keeping busy being busybodies.... and if we do what the Bible tells us to do and we stay busy with our hands we stay out of trouble... I have two things that I just love to do with my hands, making cards, and knitting... when I am busy doing those thing I don't have a worry in the world... I don't take time to try and fix other people....and when I stay busy doing those things, even when I have to do something else, I have a card in my head... or I am busy in my head trying to think of a neat way to make another scarf or hat....and I don't worry about anything.... and on top of that I can use the things I have been busy doing to bless other people... God knows how to make us happy, how to bring us joy, how to get us the respect of others... God knows...and God is never wrong.... if we would just take his wonderful book of instructions for our life and use it... we would have peace, joy, happiness, we would prosper ourselves... God said if we would follow him we would have life and have it more abundantly... that means abundant peace, abundant joy, abundant everything... if we do what God ask us to do he will take care of all of our needs, spiritually, emotionally, physically... I am off to keep my hands busy...I hope that you have a wonderful day!

No comments: