I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 22, 2010

10.22.10

2 Timothy 1:6-7 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you.  For God has not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

My Thoughts
I have learned so much in this year thought the Bible... I have heard often God does not give us a spirit of fear misused.... one time it was used in such a way by somebody trying to straighten our my life (which was not bad), by a "Christian" that it kept me out of church for years... so when I ran into this verse in context today during my Bible reading I was so excited to see what it really meant... because I knew there are things we need to be afraid of... like standing in the middle of the road... or a bear in the woods... fear is a gift in lots of situations... but we should never ever be afraid to share the love of God... to use the gifts he has given us so let people know how much God loves them..... when we feel we should tell somebody about God... he give us the power and love to do so... he puts that nudge in our hearts when it need be done and he supplies us with the words and spirit at the right time when somebody needs it most... when Jonah went to Nineveh he spoke like 8 words to the people that is all and their hearts were open!!... They heard all they needed to hear to change their lives... God will give us our 8 words or our 50 word... but we should never, ever be afraid to share with people how much God loves them.

No comments: