I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10.6.10

Proverbs 24:26..An honest answer is like a kiss of a friendship.

My Thoughts
I consider myself an honest person… I do my very, very best to keep my word… I don’t lie about people….I tell things on myself that lots of people would hide even ….I will go back into the store to give even a nickel back if somebody gives me too much money… and the list could go on… I think of myself as an honest person… this verse made me mindful of the “but,”…. but, I was brought up to be sweet and kind and I often say I agree with a person when I don’t… not to be dishonest but to be sweet and kind…. I am the honest person that you can say “does this look good on me…and if it doesn’t I will very sweetly say “oh, I would get the other pair of jeans.”… I am more taking about…mmmm … how do I put this into words….. Say at work… you are having a conversation with the boss… or with another employee… and they have a totally different view than me on a subject or person… I will agree to keep peace… or just not to be un-agreeable … the thing is I can see their side or why they choose to believe the way they do… so I just stand there and look like I agree… or I verbally agree with the part where I understand the why… but, just because I understand the why doesn’t mean I agree with why the see something the way they do… of feel the way they do about something or somebody…. But to be sweet and kind, I agree… this verse makes me understand that that is not, in kindness even, what I should do… after all what if my opinion could make that person see something in a different way or what if I share my opinion and they make me see something in a different was… that could be a good thing…. I get afraid that people will see me as not sweet if I disagree… and after all I want them to “like” me… I think what I do could be called the “sin of approval” … I am going to go forward and risk stepping on a toe or two by being honest when I disagree and if a debate occurs then maybe I will learn something or that person will learn something from me… either way I need to be honest so that people can know the “real” me… so that that person will know where I stand on an issue or an idea…. they may even be more likely to choose me to be their friend ….. either way… God ask me to be honest so how could I go wrong.

No comments: