I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10.19.10

1 Timothy 4:16 Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right and for the sake of your own salvation and for the salvation of those who hear you.

My Thoughts
This is so important!... How we live does effect those around us and we need to be constantly aware of that fact... you may never utter a word to somebody about how important it is to follow God... but you can be a great witness by how you live... Jesus said that we should love God with all our heart and soul and mind and that we should love our neighbor as our self (Luke 10:27).  To show others that God lives within us we need to be sweet and kind and loving... and follow all that God teaches us... and God teaches that "Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends (1 Corinthians 13:4-8). If we are hateful and demanding... if we always bring up something some body's past wrongs... even if we are not hopeful.. if we with hold our love we are not being true to what is right... we need to go about our day being what love is not only for our own salvation but for the salvation of those around us... I heard somebody say that we shouldn't just act like a Christian we should also react like a Christian... I worked this lady once that talked about being a Christian... and she could pray like nobodies business... but how she treated people when she was in a bad mood was awful!... I wasn't going to church at the time...and she made me not want to go to church ever... we need to be the kind of Christian that makes people want what we have... Not the kind of person that makes people want to run the other way... We should never have to tell somebody that we are a Christian they should see it in our actions!

No comments: