I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, October 17, 2010

10.17.10

1 Timothy 2:8 In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy.

My Thoughts
I love a church like this!!... Church should be a place of worship... a place so filled with the love of God there is no anger... and no controversy... we should all conduct ourselves in a way that makes each and every person feel love when the walk through the doors of the church we attend... just think what a joyous place church could be if we all made sure we were filled with the love of God before we walked in the door to worship... we need to each take the responsibility of making people welcome in our personal place of worship... I myself plan to take that step and be one of the people with their arms stretched out.... and a face that says I am so happy you are here!!.. to regular attenders and new people to the people that don't get the opportunity to be at church much.... if we each took on the responsibility to make sure that our presence at church was our hands lifted up to God, that we were free from anger and controversy...and each try our best to spread the love of God to others churches all over the country would have to build on to their buildings!!... What an amazing movement that would be!!

No comments: