I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, October 30, 2010

10.30.10

Matthew 7:7-8 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."

My Thoughts
The reason we need to ask, the reason we have to seek... the reason we have to knock is because God gave us free will.... so many times we just go about our day and never take the time for God... have you ever had a friend that didn't have time for you??... we eventually give up on those people... our thoughts eventually come to the point "If they don't have time for me I will just move on spend time with the people that do have time for me."... we don't want to beg for some body's time and attention... God gives us free will because he wants us to love him because we want to love him, not because we have to love him!... God want to do for us and take care of us... but we have to ask.  Did you ask God to be a part of your day today?.. have you ever thought that God didn't take care of one of your needs, I have.... did you ask him to?... looking back I know that I didn't!... God is just waiting ... he is watching, looking down on us wanting to help us so so bad, but if we have not spent time with him... if we have not made time for God, he is not sure we want his help... when we feel God is not present in our lives we need to stop and question our actions... we need to stop and say "God I am sorry I have not made time for you... I love you and I want you here helping me." God will never, ever abandon us, he is walking right beside us all the time the only thing holding God back is our willingness to make him a part of all that we do.

No comments: