I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10.27.10

Titus 2:14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.

My Thoughts
Here is something think about... think if you were stuck standing on a railroad track and a train was comming... your best friend in the world was standing there with you, watching and said "Promise me one thing?!"... and you said 'Okay what??"... "Promise me that you will visit my mom every Friday" then your friend push you off the tracks and died in your place... you would visit your firends mom every Friday!!... you would never forget to visit... Well Jesus died in our place just as if a train was comming down the track... and all Jesus ask is that we go about doing good deeds, go about loving our neighbor as we love ourselves... Jesus ask that we love God with our our heart and soul...that is all that Jesus asked for dieing in our place.... we need to make our biggert effort every day to do good, to love everybody and to love God enough to spend time with him each and every day...time learning about what he wants from us... time talking to God and listening to God talk to us... that is not much if you think that Jesus pushed us off that cross and died in your place and in mine!

No comments: