I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 25, 2010

10.25.10

Jeremiah 48:7 Because you have trusted in your wealth and skill, you will be taken captive.

My Thoughts
Have you ever worked really hard at something just to have somebody else come along and take the credit!!... That is an awful feeling isn't it!!  That is just what we do to God when we put our faith in things instead of putting our faith in God.... Everything we have is a gift from God... I have heard people say, as I cringe "Why should I thank God for that?? I worked for it!"... our ability to work hard, to do a job well comes from God.... we often recognize that a person with a beautiful voice has a gift that is from God... or that a painter that paints beautiful pictures has a gift from God.... we need to stop and notice the gifts from God that we have in our lives... the ability we have in our lives and give God the credit... The things I know about me are that I am sweet... that is a gift from God... I didn't know it for a long time.. but once I figured it out I could see that being sweet is a gift. Not everybody is sweet... I can make pretty cards... that too is a gift from God... God gives me the ability to see the cuts that I put together in a different way than a lot of other people see them and that makes me able to create a little bit of "art"... and now I can knit on my Knifty Knitters... and I understand more each day how the stitches work and how to use those stitches in different ways to create different things...I prayed for this gift... when I picked up my looms I said "God will you please help me to understand this and be good at it."  and God helps me more every day... I was even able to sell one!!... I know that was a gift from God!... My husband, Robby has the ability to go to work every day at UPS from sun up to sun down... he has been at this for more than 30 years now... God gave him that endurance, that ability to keep going... the healthy body to lift those boxes...God gave Robby the ability to provide for his family... and the willing spirit to do so day in and day out... that is a gift from God... Today when we are able to pay our bills, when we are able to buy something knew.. when we are able to make or do something that enhances our lives, lets remember that we need to trust in God and thank God for these things... we don not need to take the credit for all that God has done for us.  We need to remember that when we accomplish something that we like to get the credit... when God accomplishes something through us God likes to get the credit...Today will you thank God for all that you have and all that you can do?... Will you put your trust where it belongs and tell God today... Dear God I trust in you to provide for me and my family... I trust in you to supply all my needs both physically and mentally and spiritually... I thank you God for my skills and my wealth  because I know that these things are a gift from you.... today lets make God smile down on us by letting God know that we know that all we have is because he made sure that we had!

No comments: